I write conversion copy with a UX twist.
I have a strategic approach to content creation:
- I heavily research products, technologies, and market trends
- I develop conversion strategies for a specific audience.
- I build out each strategy into logical sections that form a buying journey.
- I distill each section to fit wireframes, design standards, and tone guidelines.
Voilà. Your beautiful website is now a powerful buying journey.
Landing pages and website content are a great match for my skills.
I’ve also started writing video scripts and working with conversational chat.
I’m always open to new ideas.
My rates relate to the complexity of the product, the challenge, and the deliverables.
Word count isn’t particularly relevant, as it’s easy to write 2,000 words about a topic – but extremely difficult to condense it into focused 500-word sales pitch.
Research, strategy, and planning are where skilled copywriters spend most of their time.
As a ballpark, my landing pages start at £1,000.
I work almost exclusively with tech companies.
My clients include:
- SaaS platforms (CRM, PropTech, Business Intelligence).
- A boutique audio engineering company.
- Product designers (electric skateboards, high-end homeware).
I specialise in products that use AI (artificial intelligence) and ML (Machine learning).
I love adventure sports and I’m especially keen to work with gadgets and tech used for travel, adventure, photography, sports, and film-making.
I want to make a positive impact on the world.
I strongly believe in my mission and in making emerging technologies more relevant to people’s lives. It’s a privilege to work with companies that are making life more exciting and sustainable.
I refuse to work with:
- ‘Alternative’ healthcare products based on claims that aren’t backed up by peer-reviewed clinical studies.
- Dodgy ‘get rich quick’ financial products.
- MLM/pyramid schemes.
If your product can’t help people (or the planet) then I can’t help you.
- 50% deposit to start work.
- 50% payment on delivery.
I accept card payments via Stripe and bank transfers to any of my accounts:
- UK (£Sterling)
- Germany (€EUR)
- USA ($USD)
- Australia ($AUD)
- I chat with clients via email or on Slack.
- I mainly talk on Zoom (happy to use alternatives)
- I plan and manage content with Trello.
- I write content in Google Docs.
- I don’t enjoy bouncing Word documents backwards and forwards.
Yes, But I only work with companies that match my skills and values.
Key areas of interest for me are:
- Ocean conservation.
- Animal welfare.
I’ve always loved adventure, music, cinema and creating content.
I studied international relations, trained as a journalist and wrote for top British newspapers, then spent six years in international sales for tech companies (SME and FTSE100).
I was trained in sales and behavioural psychology by both a commission-only advertising sales team; and a multinational technology company with a consultative approach.
I pitched and closed CEOs, marketing directors, government ministers and senior university academics on five continents and enjoyed learning how to sell across cultures.
But my mind became fixated on content.
I got back into music and recorded tracks for Red Bull – including their BC One championships.
I moved to Australia for more surf and adventure sports in 2017, but realised it was time to build my own business and focus on content creation.
I started with traditional sales copy and worked for local businesses, but quickly built my portfolio up and got breaks with a couple of agencies – where I started working on content for large technology businesses.
In 2018 I discovered the digital nomad scene in Bali and founded my business in London.
Today I work with a range of multi-national and startup tech companies while travelling the world and collaborating with fellow content creators.
You can follow my journey at www.alexnapierholland.com.